lundi 29 août 2016

Pack your bags, we are leaving.


Now that you know why I am writing a blog and my motivations to do this intern, let’s talk a bit more about what I am going to do during the next month (because yes, september is planned but the rest isn’t – but let’s keep that for another article.)

As I said before, I am leaving with the non governmental organization SOPAR Bala Vikasa. Every year, this NGO is hosting an international training program in community development for people around the globe. This internship gives the opportunity to participants like me to learn more about the methodologies and approaches developed by this organization. For september, I’ll be the the only canadian going.

But what is community development anyway? I invite you to go read my first article as I’m explaining the difference between community development and humanitarian work. You may want to know though, that it’s one of the practices of social work (well yes, social work degree also gives you the opportunity to work in community development – and *surprise, surprise*, that’s what I’m interested in!) So I am going to get deeper in this concept and learn about their own – very successful – approches.

The interventions of SOPAR is separated in different programs including Water & Sanitation, Women & Widows, Children & Youth and Food security. Monday to Friday, I'll be having theory classes. Saturdays, I'll be visiting communities and I'll be able to see what I've learned during the week. Then Sundays are off.

What do I get after this intern? Well, I'll be able to put what I will have learned in practise in other  community development jobs (not just with communities of India). It's going to be a first huge step in the career I want. And this is why it's such a great opportunity for me! Where is it exactly ? I’ll be flying thursday to Hyderabad and from there I’ll go to the city of Warangal where the intern takes place.

Obviously, I want you to travel with me and live this experience with me. But mostly, I want to show you all the great things being done in this world when good initiatives like SOPAR are taken. I think it's inspiring and even though your two feet won't be in India with me, your hearts and souls are more than welcome to live vicariously through me.


Are you ready? We are leaving, all together, this Thursday.

To know about SOPAR Bala Vikasa: 
http://www.sopar-balavikasa.org




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire