lundi 17 octobre 2016

Late update from the Himalayas

Where to start? 

   I've been flying around India for the last month and a half. I spread my wings on September 3rd and since then, I've been living one of the most amazing journeys of my life. So, honestly, every time I want to write, I never know where to start because it seems like there are no words to express how I feel.   

 I left Delhi last week and started traveling around north India with 3 other CouchSurfing girls (what is CouchSurfing? Go read my previous article.) One of the girls is from New Zealand and the other two are from India. 

   We started by exploring Dehradun and Mussoorie, two amazing cities in the Himalayas. The landscapes were all about mountains and mountains and mountains. Everywhere we would go, we would be amazed by the fresh air, the view and the peaceful energy. Still now, I can't believe what my eyes have seen. Mussoorie has definitely been one the highlights of my trip so far.   


  This George Everest. We hiked (in flip flops!) two hours to get on top of the mountain where we meditated and admired the beautiful sunset. The pictures don't do justice to what it really looked it. We were surrendered by Buddhist prayers flags, which was even more beautiful.  


  This is Surkhanda Devi Temple. It is located at an altitude of around 10000ft and you have to hike an hour or so to reach it. I thought it was amazing how the people hike that mountain every week in order to pray for their God.  

   After three days exploring Dehradun and Mussoorie, we went back a little bit souther to go to Rishikesh. Rishikesh itself has been one of the most important part of my trip so far, which is why I’m going to keep it for another article as it deserves one of its own.   

   Here are more pictures of the landscapes we've seen. I also included a map of the places I've visited so far. There's no need to say more as the pictures talk better than my words could do.  

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire