samedi 8 octobre 2016

Letter to Delhi

Dear Delhi,  

 You may not be everyone's cup of tea - and I can understand why - but I still found a way to wall in love with you. The last 6 days I had with you were quite intense, but they taught me a lot about myself. 

 Despite everything that has been said about you, I was feeling safe within your boarders. You're chaotic, yet you can also be very serene if we visit the best spots of yours. You're colorful and busy - so busy - but walking around your roads makes everyday a new experience of itself. 

   Let's be honest, you're not too clean. Actually, you kind of stink. Your people spit everywhere and I've been walking on stuff I'd rather never know what it was if you know what I mean. Whoever is judging based only on this though, doesn't understand what you can actually offer.

   You can be a good teacher if we are willing to listen. You can open our eyes to a whole new world if we visit you with an open mind. All of your differences make you unique and prove us that we should never take anything we know for granted. Humanity isn't just about what we know. Humanity is bigger, larger, wider. We shouldn't pretend we know everything about it until we've traveled and discovered.  

And that's what I liked about you Delhi; you are the total contradiction to what I've known so far which makes you very intriguing and mysterious.     

 Now I had to leave you for new adventures. For the next couple days, I'll be in Dehradun, Mussoorie and Rishikesh where I'll be doing Yoga and meditation. I'll continue walking on the spiritual path you helped me to get me on. Hopefully, I will see you again for one day after Rishikesh as my train from there reaches you before leaving again.

Don't forget about me until then.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire