samedi 22 octobre 2016

Learn how to fly, blackbird.

The traveling blackbird. Why that name?   

 As much as it seems like I picked a random name, it really isn't the case. For those who don't know me, I have a blackbird tattoo on my back since 2013 (you can see it in the pictures.) It's pretty huge and hard to miss so if you ever met me, there's a high chance you already know that. But why would I do a tattoo of a blackbird anyway? I rarely go in the details, but I think it's fair enough to explain it now as it has a beautiful story related to... what I am living right now, in India.  

 Wait, what? In 2013, I got a tattoo related to an experience I would leave three years down the road? That doesn't make much sense, right? I know it seems crazy, but let me explain.   If you didn't know I have that tattoo, you at least knew I am a crazy big fan of the Beatles (seriously, don't get me started on that subject - I can become pretty intense.) Well, blackbird is the name of one of my favourite Beatles song. Moreover, I like to think of George Harrison - one member of the group - as one of my heroes.

 Yeah, sure, we all have a group or a musician we like. For me though, the Beatles - especially George Harrison - is way more than that. They have been in my life since such a long time and they inspired me in so many ways, especially when I have a decision to make. This guy (let's call him GH as it is shorter) found his happiness in the spirituality of India. I feel truly related to everything he made of his life after the Beatles and that is why he is one of my role models.

 Well, anyways, I got a Beatles tattoo because I wanted them to always be in my life and I wanted to always remember that they were guiding me. (You can judge - it's okay.) Why that song though? Because they wrote it in memory of the black people who fought for their rights. It's an hymn promoting justice for everyone. Because every human beings deserve the same rights - no matter our skin color, our religion, our culture, our gender.   

 I'm sure by now you can already connect the dots between the meaning of the song and my values/ what I keep on talking about.  

 India has always been in my dreams. Honestly, I can't remember when I started to dream about it. That was certainly before high school. And reading about GH, connecting with his life moments, his music (the music he wrote after the Beatles is mostly all related to the spirituality of India) pushed me even more to this dream. I knew I was going to achieve this dream. I just had to always keep in mind that it was my plan, my goal. I just had to keep in mind that as long as I would connect to the Beatles, to GH and to everything they inspired me to do and to be, then I would success.

 And here I am. Following the steps of my hero, my role model. I did something that is going to be incredibly helpful for my career and I realized my dream to come to this colourful country. And guess what? It feels like home. It truly does. 

 Around last February, I decided that this was the year I was going to India. I started to connect to GH's music more than ever. I started to visualize. God knows how much I was mad and sad when I was supposed to go in may, but it didn't work out (life is so good at making things the way they should be - if I would of went in may, I wouldn't of got my training with Bala Vikasa.)  

 Well guess what! I'm writing this from India.  

 The lesson behind this? There's no dream too big to be dreamed of. Connect to your values. Connect to who you are. Connect to your inner self. Then you'll find a  way to be guided to what you wish to achieve. It seems hard to get? Oh, dear! Change that attitude. You may not have control to some situations in your life, but you certainly have control in the way you react, the way you deal with it. Have a role model and don't be ashamed of that, whoever it is. Being inspired will truly help you! It will guide you, it will make you believe it's possible. If someone you admire made it, why not you?   

Oh and by the way, GH's first trip in India was when he was 23.     

 I'm 23. You thought I randomly decided that I needed to go this year?  

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire