mercredi 28 septembre 2016

Bala Vikasa's family : the orphans program

Marisa, my dear roommate, sneaks out the room to go for a morning walk and a tea in the city with others. I fall back asleep until 7. Then my alarm rings and I wake up instantly with a big smile. I take a shower from a bucket, write in my journal diary about my previous day, get ready, have a little chat with Marisa when she comes back and then I join everyone for breakfast.

That's been my daily routine for four weeks now (and God knows how much I loved it!) Every single day, I feel happy and weightless. You can imagine that now, I am in a sad mood thinking about the training being over. Next step? I will be going to Delhi on the 30th and I'll be staying there for almost a week before going up north for another week where I'll be doing yoga. A week ago, I had absolutely nothing planned but in a couple of days only, I managed to create a plan that was going to make me happy. The rest is still a mystery (it's okay, one step at the time.)

Oh, but wait! I'm not done talking about Bala Vikasa. I'll make sure to write another post to sum up my last weeks. Now though I want to share with you our experience of last Saturday when we visited a solidarity event for the orphans program. Indeed, one of the important realizations of Bala Vikasa is the solidarity they managed to create between the orphans and the women of villages.

Let me explain..

You probably know that some NGOs helps street children by raising money for them through donations of people around the globe. You know, the idea of giving money to a kid every month even though you are in Canada or Europe or wherever? A lot of organizations work this way when it comes to helping kids. Bala Vikasa found another solution.

First, they realized something didn't make any sense. Yes, those kids lost their parents, but they are still living in a village where there are plenty of women with the heart of a mom who could be there for them and encourage them once in a while. If someone, directly from his couch in the USA cares enough about children living kms away (and that he doesn't even know) to send them money, why wouldn't the women living in the same villages as the children want to give them some time and love

That's how it started.

 Now, believe it or not, Bala Vikasa's orphans are a part of a big family where thousand of women make sure that they are fulfilled of love and encouragement. Just on the pictures below, you can see around 3000 women coming from different villages. That's why it's called a solidarity program. Also, it may be very surprising, but the women are giving donations to these children in order to spoil them and help them in their education. Yes, you read correctly. These women, who are living in bad conditions and who are in poor villages, manage to save money in order to help those kids. How amazing is that? They are poor, yet, they help.

And we get greedy when it's time to give to charity or to do a good action. 

I hope the pictures talk for itself. This even was about congratulating this amazing program and also it's a way to celebrate the common birthday of these children (Because most of them do not know their actual birthday.)

We danced, we laughed, we connected with people that have less than us but give more than us.

Once again, Bala Vikasa won my heart and inspire me to believe great things happen when we put our soul in action!





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire