mardi 6 septembre 2016

I wished I could of told them



I had two days (Saturday and Sunday) to adapt myself before I started my course. As soon as  I arrived at People Development Training Center of Bala Vikasa (PDTC – The center where my course takes place), I felt welcomed and met new people who now I can call my friends. The adaptation was really quick although I had a lot of new things to learn. The accommodations are perfect and the food is amazing.

I jumped in this experience right away and discovered a little bit more of the city by foot. At first, I wasn't feeling totally secured but fast enough and with my new friends, I felt very comfortable walking around the loud city of Warangal. The streets are crazy as drivers and taxis (tuk tuks – yellow small cars) are driving without much rules. All you can hear are honks. It is very crowded (not only with people but also with cows walking freely.) The people are very nice to us but we surely are stranger. One interesting thing is how our skin colour is a very intriguing thing to them. They constantly stare at us smiling, especially kids who want to take pictures with us. 

On Saturday, we were walking beside a elementary school and one of the teacher randomly welcomed us to meet the kids. The children were so happy and all they wanted to do was talk to us and touch us. They were so impressed and so pleased to be able to touch our hands. It was very cute although all I was thinking is how I wanted to tell them I was just like them. I wanted to tell them I was their equal and that my skin colour doesn't make me superior. I didn't want them to feel like I was better than them in any way. This part actually made me think a lot. We are just humans. No matter our culture, our skin colour or our religion. I wished I could of told them (and I wished everyone – including people in occidental countries like Canada or the USA – would understand that.)







Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire